EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children (IATP-C)
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP and Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP will teach you how to help children with severe behaviors and developmental trauma develop healthier attachments, self-regulation, and work through trauma.
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2020, 8:45 AM – Mar 28, 2020, 5:00 PM
About the event
March 27-28, 2020
8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Sign In
12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Lunch
5:00 p.m. Sign Out
Due to the present circumstances with COVID-19 in the KC area, we have changed the format of this workshop to an online webinar so you can watch from the comfort and safety of your own home or office. Registrants will receive a link to participate and all handouts will be provided electronically.
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
• Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP model.
• Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
• Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
• Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
• Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
• Apply EMDR Self-Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
• Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
• Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
• Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
• Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
• Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
Participants will be able to:
• Describe an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
• Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
• Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
• Identify a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
• Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
• Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
• Identify a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
• Identify a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
Participants may submit cases prior to the workshop for review in consultation groups during the workshop (limited to the first 10 submissions). To submit a case for consultation, click here to download the Case Consultation form. After completing the form, email it to email@example.com by no later than March 20, 2020. In the email Subject Line type: Case Consultation Gray Matters Training 2020.
In addition to the training, participants will receive:
• A FREE 1 hour virtual Q & A session the month following the workshop (April 2020)
Plus the following are available to participants through The Attachment Trauma Center Institute and must be used by December 31, 2020:
• TWO follow up virtual 2-hour group consultations related to the workshop material for 50% OFF the standard price of $120/consultation – a savings of $60/consultation.
• 25% OFF – The Attachment Trauma Center Institute’s Virtual Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model.
MEET OUR PRESENTERS
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP has specialized in treating trauma and attachment problems in adults and children in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska for 28 years. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and is a member of the faculty of the EMDR Institute and serves on the editorial board for The Journal of EMDR Practice and Research. Wesselmann has coauthored articles, chapters, and books related to attachment and trauma, including two chapters that were co-authored with Francine Shapiro and the recent treatment manual for the EMDR and family therapy integrative model. She has been invited to give workshops and keynotes at numerous conferences nationally and internationally.
Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP specializes in treating trauma and attachment problems in children and adolescents in private practice in Omaha, Nebraska. She is co-author of books, articles and chapters related to an EMDR integrative model for the treatment of traumatized children. Schweitzer has extensive experience working in the private and public school systems. She is co-investigator on research related to attachment trauma in children. She has presented nationally and internationally at numerous parent and professional conferences. She is an EMDRIA-approved consultant and certified EMDR practitioner.
$335 Early Bird Fee – Must be received/postmarked by Thursday, February 27, 2020
$360 Regular Fee – When received/postmarked after Thursday, February 27, 2020
Non-Profit and Non-Licensed Graduate Student Discount
There is a $40 discount for attendees employed by a non-profit organization.
$295 Non-Profit Early Bird Fee – Must be received/postmarked by Thursday, February 27, 2020
$320 Non-Profit Regular Fee – When received/postmarked after Thursday, February 27, 2020
Click here to download a PDF of the workshop details.
If you are having difficulties registering on-line, prefer to submit payment through the mail, or have multi-payers for your registration, please click here for a registration form you can print, complete, and mail.
There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.
Your registration fee less a $60 processing fee will be refunded to you if requested a minimum of 15 days prior to the event (by March 12, 2020). If you cancel after March 12, 2020 and before the start of the workshop, 50% of your registration fee will be refunded. No refund will be made for cancellations received after the workshop begins. Registrants who partially attend the workshop, or do not complete the training will not receive a refund and cannot transfer their attendance to another workshop. Refund requests must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMDRIA CREDITS & CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) CREDITS
14.0 EMDRIA Credits
14.0 CE Credits
To obtain the credits listed above; participants must sign in at the start of each day, sign out at the end of each day, attend the workshop in its entirety, and complete the workshop evaluation form. Per EMDRIA and Ce-Classes.com policies, NO partial credits can be given.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
This workshop is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. Attendees are encouraged to complete the full EMDR basic training and have experience in using EMDR with this client population before using the EMDR material presented in this workshop. This training is not a Basic Training in EMDR therapy.
This workshop is approved for 14.0 EMDRIA Credits. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Training. Attendees who are partially trained in EMDR are not eligible to receive EMDRIA Credits. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded for full participation in both days.
Gray Matters Therapy Workshop, LLC, EC provider #18024, maintains responsibility for this workshop and its content in accordance with EMDRIA requirements. The official definition of EMDR Therapy is available at emdria.org
This workshop is approved for 14.0 CE credits by Ce-Classes.com. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an on-line evaluation form.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
· The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
· This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
· Florida Certification Board
· The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
· The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
· California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
· The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
· The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
· Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
· Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
· New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
· The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
· The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
Licensed mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, mental health counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatric nurses, accredited psychotherapists, etc.) with EMDR basic training.
Gray Matters Therapy Workshops seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to: Susan Wulff at email@example.com. Grievances will receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED
Gray Matters Therapy Workshops uses training facilities which are handicap accessible and ADA compliant. Please contact Susan Wulff at firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required.
Fee when received after Thursday, February 27, 2019
Non-Profit/Studen Regular Fee
There is a $40 discount for attendees employed by non-profit organizations and non-licensed graduate students.